author: Sebastián Tello
Python API to interact with the vSphere Web Services SDK.
This python SDK provides an easy interface to:
- Connect to VMWare's ESX, ESXi, Virtual Center, Virtual Server hosts
- Query hosts, datacenters, resource pools, virtual machines
- VM: Power on, power off, reset, revert to snapshot, get properties, update vmware tools, clone, migrate.
- vSphere 5.0 Guest Operations: create/delete/move files and directories. Upload/download files from the guest system. List/start/stop processes in the guest system.
- Create and delete snapshots
- Hosts statistics and performance monitoring
And of course, you can use it to access all of the vSphere API through python.
Please see the google.com page below and the project's wiki.